Why Are Our Storm Drains Being Neglected?

Every since we moved to Greenbriar in 2008 I have never seen the City of Richmond clean the storm drains on the hill behind my house.  And today they are choked with weeds, dirt and debris. In hiking around the hills in the area, I have discovered that ours are not the only storm drains being neglected!
Come to the annual Greenbriar Neighborhood Council meeting this coming Tuesday, January 27, from 7:00 to 8:00, at the El Sobrante Library and find out more about this serious issue.


This is looking South and is behind homes on upper Rain Cloud.


This is one of the culverts on the hill behind my home on Maison Way.


A 'drop inlet' (drain) almost totally hidden by an overgrown Redwood tree.


This is the drain I cleared myself. A fire in the 1980's damaged the leech lines that put water runoff into the culverts.


From a map of storm drains in the Richmond area. The four drains between Kipling Dr. and Maison Way are indicated at the end of the red line.



No comments: