March 15, 2018
Officer Bailey of the RPD has told me: '"We believe that these were crimes of opportunity. All 4 suspects are in custody. We don’t believe that this is an ongoing concern; however please remind your residents to be aware of their surroundings and to call 911 immediately if they see any suspicious activity."
In addition here are some security steps you should be aware of and follow:
- Keep your garage door closed unless you're actually using the garage
- Always be aware of your surroundings, pay attention to cars and pedestrians passing by. Even when puttering in the garage.
- If you feel a car may be following you home, pass by your house and see if they continue to follow. If they do, call the police.
- Always carry a cell phone, have the RPD non-emergency number in your phone (510-233-1214), in addition to 911.
- Do not hesitate to call the police with ANY concerns.
- Take pictures/videos of suspicious cars and activities.
- Do not leave your garage door opener in any car when parked outside.